- Work with the Director of Software Development and team to estimate complexity and guide about the feasibility of tasks, features, and projects.
- Be the technical leader for the front-end engineering team, provide insights into best practices, weigh in on discussions, help to pass on your experience to other engineers and be a resource for non-technical team members and clients.
- Counsel the Director of Software Development on the technical path for the front-end engineering team and help influence and shape architectural and technology principles.
- Learn new systems and technologies on behalf of the technology team, develop proof of concepts, develop training materials and documentation, and lead demos.
- Work with engineers on the front-end team to identify opportunities for technical skill growth and development.
- Continue your own professional growth and engage in continuous improvement, education, and learning.
- Review code of teammates and use it as an opportunity to engage with and assist in their growth.
- Help deliver solutions and expert guidance in a cross-functional, high-volume digital environment.
- Present the architectural design of a system to project team members and other stakeholders in clear, simple terms.
- Experience creating/curating training resources for teammates and stakeholders
- Experience with content management systems, SEO optimization, marketing technology (A/B testing) and marketing clouds (Salesforce, Adobe, etc.)
- E-commerce, WordPress and Drupal development experience
- Can learn, integrate, and document new services and build PoCs
- Functional knowledge in the following areas:
- Unit/Integration testing front-end components
- CSS-IN-JS (styled-components)
- Git and Git workflows
- Functional programming concepts
- SEO best practices
- Pull Request/code reviews
- Ability to articulate the challenges, successes and learning opportunities from projects
- Experience successfully working in an environment with multiple concurrent teams, including remote
- Provide leadership for our remote teams and help support our client work
- Experience being technical UX voice
- Experience presenting technology solutions/patterns/experiences internally or at conferences
- Critical thinker, creative problem solver and have a love of learning
- Six or more years functioning as a software engineer
- Two or more previous work experiences with the designation “senior engineer” or equivalent
- Proven team lead or experienced senior engineer.