A Full-Stack Web Developer is someone who has honed their skills in both front-end web design/development, and displays mastery over the back-end/server coding. A full-stack web developer can be relied upon not only to design, code, but also implement and maintain a fully functional modern interactive website on their own. Not just a static website with a few pages, either; a front-end mansion fully furnished with a snappy, rich UI and lavishly decorated with responsive design so that no user device is left behind.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing fully cross-browser, Web-based assessment products, including Web site UI/UX design and development, Web services layer, server-side business logic, and database access and development.
- Work with content management tools (MIX & IS Assets), the reporting site (IS Web), and Visual Studio to publish updates as required.
- Evolve the application's architecture to ensure maximum performance and stability.
- Work with and maintain code repository using Tortoises, to include branching and tagging as appropriate.
- Work with various data repositories to generate ad hoc queries to generate reports and other data in response to specific customer requests.
- Refactor existing code as appropriate and create reusable modules/widgets where feasible.
- Familiar with Object Oriented design principles and best practices with a working knowledge of common software patterns and scalability/extensibility concepts.
- Strong SQL skills developing complex queries, creating database schema and building complex data transformation scripts.
- Technical knowledge preferred in specific areas. (Networking, Web Design, Coding, Databases, etc.)
- Robust understanding in ASP.NET, Web Forms and MVC 5 with expertise in Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of cross-browser design (desktop and mobile) and development issue troubleshooting.
- Experience and ability building dynamic multi-functional cross platform web and mobile applications.
- Established project management and information-management skills.
- Highly organized, resourceful and disciplined with the ability to work self-directed and take initiative with limited supervision.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills, including politeness and patience while work with a diverse groups of highly intelligent staff members and navigate complex relationships.
- Capacity to be flexible and tolerate stress while maintaining a high energy level.
- Aptitude coordinating and prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail, quality and deadlines.
- Ability to independently learn and effectively utilize development support tools/resources while learning new versions, products and modules.
- Solid work ethic and enthusiasm toward progressive educational technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years’ experience as a full-stack Microsoft developer with demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of Web development from Web page creation to back-end programming and database development.
- Hands-on experience working with a source code repository such as Tortoises.
- Demonstrable experience with API Integration, managing web publication processes from Visual Studio, and experience working with one or more major databases including Oracle or SQL Server.
- Quantifiable analytical/cognitive skills and exceptional ability to troubleshoot complex and technical problems.