Needs to have 5+ years of PHP programming experience.
Should be writing code that follows SOLID Principles:
(single responsibility, open-closed, Liskov substitution, interface segregation and dependency inversion).
Should be very familiar with:
Laravel 5 : Ideally 3+ years of working with Laravel projects.
Experience with other frameworks is fine but someone who is merely "familiar" with Laravel will require 3-6 months to bring up to speed.
PostgreSQL : PostgreSQL (preferred but other SQL databases is fine).
Should have 3+ years of experience and knowledge of:
- OOP and DRY
- Security and scalability issues
Linux : Should be very comfortable with Linux (we use Ubuntu 16.04).
Ideally, capable of taking a clean OS installation and performing a full setup/configuration for web applications including PHP, NGINX, vhosts, and PostgreSQL.
Should be able to check off most of the following:
- indexing, constraints, views, triggers
- troubleshooting, migrations, and complex queries
- Gitlab (or silimar project management tools, e.g. JIRA)
- Vagrant and Virtual Box
- Ansible (or similar experience, e.g. Chef/Puppet)
- Regular Expressions
- Testing, TDD, BDD
- Browser development tools
- Coding Standards, PSR(s)
- writing RESTful APIs
- integrating with online web services
- HTML, CSS
- Foundation 6 (or similar, e.g. Bootstrap)
- Node, Bower, Gulp, and Grunt
- JS (or experience with similar frameworks like Ember or Backbone)
- Composer and Packages
- Autoloading and Namespaces
- Redis or Memcache
- Worker Queues
- CLI and PHP-FPM
- Vim (or similar command line text editor e.g. nano)
- Linux commands like rsync and scp
- Git (should be very comfortable using Git to deploy code)