Provides architectural and big picture oversight for development of new software products or major enhancements to resolve business problems. Works with stakeholders to create software products containing required features and modifications. Provides technical advice to other departments within the organization, and may be responsible for integrating components built by development. Codes, tests and debugs difficult and/or critical applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides architectural leadership for software development efforts by integrating various technologies such as web applications, relational databases, information security, servers, networking, etc.
- Participates in software design meetings and reviews and analyzes current systems and user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Develops detailed systems documentation including functional specifications, design requirements, templates, layout, navigation, diagrams, maps, etc.
- Provides high-level analysis and design reviews to solve conceptual problems and avoid duplication of efforts within different applications.
- Works with third party vendors to integrate their technologies within organization's structure.
- Evaluates new technologies and recommends extension, expansion, and update of technology standards, practices, and methodologies.
- Designs and develops high-quality code.
- Tests, debugs, analyzes and fixes application problems/issues. Works closely with stakeholders to fix issues in a timely fashion.
- Follows the software development lifecycle process. Suggests and implements techniques for software or development process improvements.
- Participates in code reviews in accordance with program specifications and coding standards, practices and conventions, new designs, changes and enhancements.
- Interacts with stakeholders to support product releases and/or diagnose and resolve program problems.
- Provides technical advice and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, toolsets, and software development lifecycle.
- Ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of basic to moderate scope and complexity independently.
- Strong technical, analytical, and development skills.
- Knows by experience what are the viable shortcuts in implementation and the must haves for solid foundations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; effective customer service skills.
- Capabile and willing to deliver immediate value to the end user
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skilled to author functional and technical specifications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- 10+ years software development experience including project research, design, development and/or implementation.
- Intermediate knowledge of required programming languages.
- Financial industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.