Experienced Java Developer
7+ years experience in Java solutions implementation
Expert in Java, fluent in SQL and standard Java Frameworks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Is responsible for a robust and efficient implementation
- Suggests solution for short and long term
- Participates and leads software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Collaborates with team members and across groups to prepare technical specifications.
- Designs and develops high-quality code.
- Tests, debugs, analyzes and fixes application problems/issues. Works closely with stakeholders to fix issues in a timely fashion.
- Follows the software development lifecycle process. Suggests and implements techniques for software or development process improvements.
- Participates in code reviews in accordance with program specifications and coding standards, practices and conventions, new designs, changes and enhancements.
- Provides direction to less skilled employees. May design and implement training plans.
- Interacts with internal and/or external stakeholders to support product releases and/or resolve program problems.
- Researches and remains informed of new technology and development tools.
- May act as a team lead or technical lead on multiple projects.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies and the software development lifecycle.
- Familiar with standard Java libraries and frameworks (Jax, Spring, ...)
- Distributed Ledger (Corda) knowledge is a major plus.
- Ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of complex scope and complexity independently.
- In-depth knowledge of Java, technical, analytical, and development skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; effective customer service skills.
- Capabile and willing to mentor less skilled software engineers.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Aptitude to author technical specifications.
- Ability to organize activities and lead others in accomplishing project goals and objectives.
- 7+ years software development experience including project research, design, and development.
- Financial industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.