Responsible for developing & maintaining software platforms associated with next-generation audio, video, light & control systems in Professional Solutions.
- Responsible for developing, deploying & maintaining software platforms associated with next-generation audio, video & control systems for Professional Solutions.
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debuggers, compilers, etc).
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution.
- Manages projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in architecting & developing large-scale or embedded software applications
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
- Profound knowledge of software architecture styles and design principles
- Profound knowledge of OOA/OOD, UML, and object-oriented software languages using C/ C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A strong ability to build relations and work independently
- Experience with Scrum in an Agile Development environment and familiarity with relevant tools
- Communication Skills- While it is required this person to be technically skilled, he/she must also be able to communicate effectively with customers and constituents outside the engineering organization. This person must have the ability to promote and explain technology initiatives to business leaders outside of the technology organization and to external partners and customers.
- Domain Expertise- Understanding of Professional Solutions in the domain of Audio, Video, Lighting & Control will be an added advantage. Knowledge of professional system control technologies is highly desirable.