• Plan, organize, execute and monitor all aspects of projects to achieve commitments for delivery, performance, and financial requirements • Safeguard potential intellectual property is fully researched, documented, and protected • Conduct research and development for new technologies and products • Research and review competitive products, technologies, and intellectual property • Lead technical discussions with customers to ensure requirements are met and customer is satisfied • Prepare documents and reports with cross functional teams for engineering and program management along with participating in design reviews with customers and engineering peers • Ensure product meets customer and internal requirements, specifications, and cost targets • Support peers and junior talent along with serving as a mentor to junior members of the team in guiding them towards technical career opportunities.
- PhD degree in Engineering or related field and 4+ years’ experience in academic or corporate research; alternatively, Master’s Degree in above mentioned fields and 8+ years’ of experience in R&D or Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years’ experience
- Expert skillset in one or more of the following fields: Power Electronics, Analog/Digital Electronics design, Power Supplies
- Experience and/or knowledge in PWM Class D switching amplifier design including:
- Feedback and power stage simulation/design
- Protection schemes
- Experience working with a variety of power converter applications and topologies including, but not limited to:
- Power Factor Correction (PFC)
- Control systems design
- AC/DC and DC/DC converters
- Flyback, full-bridge, half-bridge, forward, buck, boost, etc
- Resonant and Quasi-resonant converts (SRC, LLC, LCC, etc)
- Thorough knowledge of design for EMC.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with interfaces to procurement, vendors, and contract manufacturers.
- Ability to design and conduct real world tests for electrical, thermal, and mechanical integrity
- Extraordinary reputation as an innovator having created forward looking research, projects, and award winning publications in previous roles
- Experience with the use of rapid prototyping tools for software and hardware, electronics, and mechanical design for consumer electronics and future device platforms
- Ability to communicate advanced and complex concepts and ideas persuasively and concisely to all levels of the business
- Experience in power electronics design and test practices and methodologies.
- Experience in design for global safety / regulatory requirements (CSA, UL, etc.). Experience and/or knowledge in PCB layout practices.
- Experience with design for manufacturability (DFM).
- Experience working in the technology industry or Professional Audio industry
- Previous Professional or Consumer Audio/Video experience
- Thermal design experience related to power semiconductors for both natural and forced air convection including thermal interfacing and dissipation.
- Knowledge of professional audio systems (public address, cinema, sound reinforcement, etc.)
- Experience in project / product management (scheduling, resource allocation, etc.). Thorough knowledge of required steps to bring product from concept to production.
- Transformer/magnetic design knowledge and/or experience.
- Experience in utilizing circuit simulation and analysis tools.
- Experience in mixed signal analog/digital system design.