Sr. Software Engineer
- Manage a team of SW Engineers who Design, Develop, Test, Integrate, Requirement and Release Management. Special focus on large-scale deployment with audio, video & control systems.
- Work in partnership with PMO groups to identify & prioritize right platforms for development.
- Use Agile methodologies to maintain a process-oriented culture for a team developing software products.
- Be a Team Player by having deep and broad experience leading/managing a team, collaborating with technology peers and Executive Level Management/Business Owners.
- Cultivate a strong team of software/system individuals, responsive to the needs of our businesses. Ability to attract, retain and motivate best in class talent.
- Participate in overall business planning by contributing current knowledge and future vision of how technology and systems will enable business strategy, growth and competitive positioning
- Software Development – 10+ years of experience in leading/driving software predevelopment and core development. Comprehend the needs of program and product execution – technical capability to guide/manage resources strategically – Skill set in leading Agile software development
- Business Acumen - Ability to manage near-term R&D costs/risks with long-term product commercialization is a critical requirement for this position. Comprehend everything from what can be done to what can be profitable, is a key requirement for this role.
- Communication Skills - While it is required this person to be technically skilled, he/she must also be able to communicate effectively with customers and constituents outside the engineering organization. This person must have the ability to promote and explain technology initiatives to business leaders outside of the technology organization and to external partners and customers.
- Organizational Leadership - This person should have led a significant part of a technology team. He/She must bring strong people leadership experience up to and including senior technologists.
- Strategy - This person must be a strategic technology leader; that is, he/she must combine a solid technical foundation with forward-looking strategic skills to effectively develop a software strategy to enable company to capitalize on emerging technologies including emerging technology trends.
- Domain Expertise - Understanding of Professional Solutions in the domain of Audio, Video, Lighting & Control will be an added advantage. Knowledge of professional system control technologies is highly desirable.
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Ability to build strong relations and work independently
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
- Profound knowledge of software architecture styles and design principles as well as OOA/OOD and UML.
- Excellent hands on experience using C/ C++ and MATLAB in object-oriented SW languages
- Exceptional experience with iPhone and Android development
- Hands on experience with cross platform development.
- Strong understanding of algorithms, design patterns and data structures
- Good NoSQL experience with Cosmos DB and MongoDB.
- Knowledge/experience with Scrum in an Agile Development environment and familiar with relevant tools
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English